If you are an adult in the Weatherford, Texas area and dream of straightening your smile, come to Wood Orthodontics. At Wood Orthodontics, Dr. Wood and his team are dedicated to your orthodontic success. We offer traditional braces for adults and other orthodontic treatments to help you reach your smile dreams. Keep reading to learn more about traditional braces for adults and how we can help you.
Traditional Braces for Adults in Weatherford, Texas
Traditional braces are metal archwire and bracket combinations that help straighten any smile. There are several benefits to choosing traditional braces. Countless patients at Wood Orthodontics and in the Weatherford, Texas area use conventional metal braces to straighten their teeth.
What are the Benefits of Traditional Metal Braces?
Effective Treatment. One benefit is that traditional braces can treat complicated cases such as extreme misalignments, bite dysfunctions, and protruding teeth. Other orthodontic choices on the market cannot straighten your teeth as effectively as traditional metal braces.
- Durable. Traditional metal braces are made of a durable metal material that can withstand the wear of everyday life and more.
- Affordable. Traditional metal braces for adults are often less expensive than other orthodontic treatments. Additionally, insurance usually covers the cost of conventional metal braces.
- Constant Treatment. Unlike other orthodontic solutions, traditional metal braces cannot be removed, offering regular treatment. Continuous treatment means that you may finish your treatment plan faster. Traditional treatment plans last between one and three years, depending on your needs.
- Beautiful Smile. Maybe one of the essential benefits of traditional metal braces is that they can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
How do I Clean My Braces?
Many adults wonder what the best way is to clean and care for their traditional metal braces. There are a few different ways to keep your teeth clean while wearing braces.
- Foods. While wearing your braces, avoid any hard or sticky foods. You should avoid foods like taffy and popcorn. These foods can damage the brackets on your teeth, leading to pain and discomfort. Dr. Wood and his team recommend softer foods such as cheese, mashed potatoes, and yogurt.
- Oral Care. Oral care can be a bit more complicated while wearing braces. It is not as easy as brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash twice a day. While wearing braces, we recommend brushing your teeth after every meal. If this is not possible, rinse out your mouth after each meal. Additionally, it is essential to visit your dentist every six months for regular cleaning in addition to visiting your orthodontist regularly. These visits are necessary during your orthodontic treatment because your hygienist can clean between the brackets, ensuring that no debris or bacteria are leftover.
To clean your teeth, brush them like you usually would without braces. Use a ‘C’ motion to touch the teeth and the gums. The gums are essential because bacteria can quickly build upon the gums leading to gingivitis and periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is a severe condition that your dentist cannot reverse. To floss, ensure that you reach under the archwires so that the floss wipes against each tooth. Contact our office, Wood Orthodontics, for more information about the best way to clean your teeth while wearing braces.
Wearing orthodontics as an adult can be an exciting time. Many patients are excited about receiving the smile of their dreams. Call our office today for more information on traditional braces for adults or schedule an appointment.